The Walkera Furious 215 is a 215mm fuselage wheelbase ready-to-fly racing drone quadcopter. It designed around the F3 Flight Controller with rapid response speed, thus providing pilots a first-class flight experience. Airframe design is modern, is simple, lightweight fuselage but with a rugged crash structure. And the Walkera Furious 215come with the high-performance brushless motors, 5040 clover propellers and a 1300mAh 4S 60c LiPo, to give you that adrenaline rush! Furious 215 comes with 215mm wheel base and best suited for both professional racing events and casual FPV indoor flying. Pilots can upgrade and replace all key components.
- ESC supporting oneshot 125/oneshot42, high-performance 2500KV brushless motor combined with 5040 5” propeller and 4S power battery.
- Airframe size made of high strength carbon fiber, robust arm at 4mm thickness: 4 independent arms achieve lower maintenance cost
- Onboard active beeper and integrated OSD, provided with OSD tuning connector at its bottom for the purpose of tuning.
- SONY 1/3″ Super HAD II CCD 600TVL performs under the lowlight and backlight surrounding. Equipped with FOV-130°wide-angle lens of focus-2.5mm. High performance video transmission system supports 600mW (at maximum) power switching (FCC version), estimated transmission distance of 1.5 kilometers.
- F3 flight controller for convenient upgrading and tuning
- Battery: 14.8V 1300mAh 60C 4S LiPo
- Flight time: 8 – 9 minutes
- FPV Frequency: 5.8GHz, Channels: 40, 25/600 mw
- Transmission distance: 1.5km
- Cleanflight Config 1.24 Airmode option with Walkera firmware.
Furious 215 is the carbon fiber air frame with independent replaceable arms, each measuring 4mm in thickness-low maintenance cost in-case of hard crashes.
ESC & Motors:
The 20A ESCs are easily replaceable should the need arise, as are the motors. The motors are the Walkera WK-WS-28-017 2500kv brushless motors; and the ESC and Motors make it easy to maintain/upgrade.
The official recommend battery is 1300mAh 4s 60C lipo, but according our quadcopter size with battery guide, you can also choose 1000mAh-1500mAh, 3s/4s lipo battery; for racing, you can use Tattu 1300mAh 4s R-line.
The FPV camera itself is a 600tvl Sony SUPER HAD II CCD with integrated mic and low light support, it has an adjustable mount with the angles clearly marked on the side. This is a simple but really cool feature that I really like, not to mention the fact that the camera lens sits behind the sides of the carbon fiber frame so it will be protected in a crash.
The Power Distribution Board (PDB) is cut to precision to the shape of the chassis floor. Integrated with On Screen Display (OSD), there is a OSD connector at the bottom of the board to adjust the parameters.
Receiver and video Transmitter
The RTF bundle also includes a receiver and video transmitter of Walkera’s own design. The receiver is fairly standard, while the video transmitter is a switchable 25mw to 200mw 40 channel unit. The VTX defaults to 25mw on band A, so if you are using FatShark goggles you’ll want to change that.
The Walkera Furious 215 is an RTF Drone Racing bundle that actually rocks, and is worth every penny for those interested in getting into the hobby or those looking for an all-in-one kit.
- Easy to maintain/upgrade
- Price is perfect for what you get
- Devo 7 is a nice bonus
- It really is a racer!!!
- Stock tuning could be improved
- Some proporietary parts
- Updates can be tricky